Welcome to East Brent Parish Council Website.
Our Objective in designing this website was twofold. Firstly The Parish Council wanted to create a website that informed all parishioners and interested parties of the work of the council and to make more readily available public documents which had previously only been available as hard copies upon request.
Secondly, we wanted to create a wider community site where organisations within the parish could also provide information about the work that they undertake. We hope that this section of the website will grow and provide feedback to the parish council and inform future decisions to be made.
We also hope that organisations within the parish will find it a useful resource to enable them to broadcast the voluntary work that they are undertaking within the community.
If you would like your village organisation to be included within the website please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The website was created under the direction of a sub committee of The Parish Council, I should like to thank the committee for their hard work in creating what I hope parishioners will find a useful resource.
All parishioners in the villages of East Brent, Rooksbridge and Edingworth are stakeholders in our community and we would welcome comments on how we can improve the website.
Please email The Clerk at email@example.com with any feedback that you might have.
I do hope that you find our website helpfull and informative.
Chairman, East Brent Parish Council.
Sedgemoor District Council Corporate Relations Manager: Claire Faun
Bridgwater House Direct Dial: 01278 435320
King Square, Bridgwater Fax: 01278 445500
Somerset, TA6 3AR e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: 0300 303 7800 twitter.com/SedgemoorDC
Date: 21 March, 2017
Notice of election/Poll cards
The Notice of election for Somerset County Council have been published in Sedgemoor. Sedgemoor’s election team administers the election, due to be held on May 4, on behalf of Somerset County Council.
Notices were published yesterday (Monday, March 20) regarding the Somerset County Council divisions in the Sedgemoor District Council area as follows: Brent; Bridgwater East and Bawdrip; Bridgwater North and Central; Bridgwater South; Bridgwater West; Burnham on Sea North; Cannington; Cheddar; Highbridge and Burnham South; Huntspill; King Alfred and North Petherton.
Nominations for the election are now open and forms can be obtained from Bridgwater House, King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3AR. The closing date for nominations is April 4, no later than 4pm.
Residents should soon be receiving their polling card for the forthcoming election and are advised to check their poll card to make sure that they know which polling station they need to go to on Thursday, May 4th.
If you don’t receive a poll card, you may not be registered to vote. You need to register to vote by April 13th to make sure that you have your say at the ballot box. The easiest way to register is by visiting www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
Follow Sedgemoor District Council on Twitter:
Joseph’s Pound Children's Play Area, Rooksbridge.
Last year the East Brent Parish Council opened a new play area, off of Pill Road, for all of the children of Rooksbridge. The Parish Council is delighted to announce that the more equipment has now been installed which includes swings and rides for younger children.
The Parish Council would like to stress however, that the equipment and area is for the enjoyment of ALL the children of Rooksbridge.
- Special Planning Meeting to Discuss Solar...
- Rooksbridge PV Solar Farm
- NoPilrow comments on National Planning Practice...
- NoPilrow Ltd -Additional Submissions
- Pilrow Windfarm Inquiry Officially Closed
- NoPilrow Appeal Closing Statement
- Pilrow Windfarm Inquiry at the Princess,...
- NOTES of PRE-INQUIRY MEETING
- Notice from Secretary of State
- Important NoPilrow Committee Meeting
- Pilrow Update 15th October 2013
- REVISED Planning Inspectorate Action Timetable
- Meeting to Discuss Appeals Procedure
- Public Meetings
- How to Comment on the Pilrow Windfarm Planning...
- Hinkley Point C Connection - Ground Surveys...
- Problems with a Footpath?
- A38 Temporary Road Closure
- Changes to the Floodline telephone number
- East Brent Parish Magazine
- Broadband -Connecting Devon & Somerset
- Flooding Advice From an Insurance Company
- Flood Relief Special Newsletter -February...
- Somerset Emergency Flood Relief Grants Programme
- Somerset Community Foundation
- Flooding Advice from the Environment Agency
- Defribrillator Update - November 2013
- Proposed Pilrow Wind Farm
- The Provision of Sandbags in Emergencies
- Recent Flooding Event