Welcome to East Brent Parish Council Website.
Our Objective in designing this website was twofold. Firstly The Parish Council wanted to create a website that informed all parishioners and interested parties of the work of the council and to make more readily available public documents which had previously only been available as hard copies upon request.
Secondly, we wanted to create a wider community site where organisations within the parish could also provide information about the work that they undertake. We hope that this section of the website will grow and provide feedback to the parish council and inform future decisions to be made.
We also hope that organisations within the parish will find it a useful resource to enable them to broadcast the voluntary work that they are undertaking within the community.
If you would like your village organisation to be included within the website please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The website was created under the direction of a sub committee of The Parish Council, I should like to thank the committee for their hard work in creating what I hope parishioners will find a useful resource.
All parishioners in the villages of East Brent, Rooksbridge and Edingworth are stakeholders in our community and we would welcome comments on how we can improve the website.
Please email The Clerk at email@example.com with any feedback that you might have.
I do hope that you find our website helpfull and informative.
Chairman, East Brent Parish Council.
Sedgemoor District Council Election 2015
We would like to thank all of you who voted in the above election. From our points of view, the election went very well and the final result in “Knoll Ward” was:-
Bob Filmer - Conservative - 1,888 Elected
Isobel Fotheringham - UKIP - 647
Andrew Gilling - Conservative - 1,433 Elected
Tony Gore - Liberal Democrat - 922
In the Knoll ward, the total electorate is 3,896, the turnout was approx. 75.1% at 2,929 with 17 spoilt papers.
Overall in Sedgemoor the Conservatives took 35 of the 48 seats.
Now that we have been elected, we are here to represent, as best as possible, all residents in the “Knoll Ward” and in the wider Sedgemoor area, whether they voted for us, other candidates or not at all.
If you want to contact us about a local matter, you can contact us in the following ways:-
Bob Filmer Andrew Gilling
Phone: 01278 760 760 01934 750580
Mobile: 07802 480 760 07720 034112
Fax: 01278 760 761
Bob Filmer and Andrew Gilling
- Special Planning Meeting to Discuss Solar...
- Rooksbridge PV Solar Farm
- NoPilrow comments on National Planning Practice...
- NoPilrow Ltd -Additional Submissions
- Pilrow Windfarm Inquiry Officially Closed
- NoPilrow Appeal Closing Statement
- Pilrow Windfarm Inquiry at the Princess,...
- NOTES of PRE-INQUIRY MEETING
- Notice from Secretary of State
- Important NoPilrow Committee Meeting
- Pilrow Update 15th October 2013
- REVISED Planning Inspectorate Action Timetable
- Meeting to Discuss Appeals Procedure
- Public Meetings
- How to Comment on the Pilrow Windfarm Planning...
- A38 Temporary Road Closure
- Changes to the Floodline telephone number
- East Brent Parish Magazine
- Broadband -Connecting Devon & Somerset
- Flooding Advice From an Insurance Company
- Flood Relief Special Newsletter -February...
- Somerset Emergency Flood Relief Grants Programme
- Somerset Community Foundation
- Flooding Advice from the Environment Agency
- Defribrillator Update - November 2013
- Proposed Pilrow Wind Farm
- The Provision of Sandbags in Emergencies
- Recent Flooding Event
- An Important Message From The Parish Council
- Environment Agency Guide to Living Alongside...